Old 06-05-2009, 11:59 AM
Registered User

Location: I live in oldham lancashire
Smile fancy growing melons are they easy to grow

Hello, I was thinking today of having a go at growing melons, are they easy to grow and what variety do I go for . I have never bought seeds and the like off the net I prefer to buy really from the garden centre. I am not a complete gardening novice been growing my own by experimenting really for the last 3 years, testing out what works and what doesn't i suppose like most gardeners
kind regards pottymoo
Old 06-05-2009, 06:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pat Pat is offline

Default fancy growing melons are they easy to grow

"pottymoo" wrote

| Hello, I was thinking today of having a go at growing melons, are they
| easy to grow and what variety do I go for . I have never bought seeds
| and the like off the net I prefer to buy really from the garden centre.
| I am not a complete gardening novice been growing my own by
| experimenting really for the last 3 years, testing out what works and
| what doesn't i suppose like most gardeners
| kind regards pottymoo

They are easy to grow. Give 'em a try! One caution, however: If there are
many turtles in your area, they may eat the melons before you get them
picked (unless you devise a way to secure them).

Old 07-05-2009, 12:40 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

pottymoo wrote:
Hello, I was thinking today of having a go at growing melons, are they
easy to grow and what variety do I go for . I have never bought seeds
and the like off the net I prefer to buy really from the garden
centre. I am not a complete gardening novice been growing my own by
experimenting really for the last 3 years, testing out what works and
what doesn't i suppose like most gardeners
kind regards pottymoo

Not hard to grow. You need enough room in full sun with rich soil and
warmth. Keep the water up to them in hot weather.

David