GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   onions and leeks question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/183567-onions-leeks-question.html)

Therefore 13-05-2009 01:15 PM

onions and leeks question

I have lost the labels from both onion and leek seedlings
which are about 6" high.

Is there any way that I differentiate between them at this stage

TIA .............................. Leslie

Pat Kiewicz[_2_] 14-05-2009 11:39 AM

onions and leeks question

Therefore said:

I have lost the labels from both onion and leek seedlings
which are about 6" high.

Is there any way that I differentiate between them at this stage

The leek leaves will look much more V-shaped than the onions,
and the plants themselves will look somewhat flattened. Onion
leaves are much more rounded.

You may even be able to see some difference in color; leeks
will be a slightly bluer shade of green.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"So, it was all a dream."
"No dear, this is the dream, you're still in the cell."

email valid but not regularly monitored