GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tomato seeds are up (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/183700-tomato-seeds-up.html)

zxcvbob 17-05-2009 01:13 AM

Tomato seeds are up

I can't believe how late I got them planted this year. Peppers and
eggplants haven't come up yet, but the tomatoes are more important.

I usually start them too early.

The ground it still cold. Weeds are just starting to come up good.

Bob

Billy[_7_] 17-05-2009 02:15 AM

Tomato seeds are up

In article ,
zxcvbob wrote:

I can't believe how late I got them planted this year. Peppers and
eggplants haven't come up yet, but the tomatoes are more important.

I usually start them too early.

The ground it still cold.

Alfalfa initially gives off heat as it breaks down and you might what to
put a plastic skirt around your starts (cover the edeges with dirt or
compost) for some extra heat.

--

- Billy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En2TzBE0lp4

zxcvbob 17-05-2009 02:48 AM

Tomato seeds are up

Billy wrote:
In article ,
zxcvbob wrote:

I can't believe how late I got them planted this year. Peppers and
eggplants haven't come up yet, but the tomatoes are more important.

I usually start them too early.

The ground it still cold.

Alfalfa initially gives off heat as it breaks down and you might what to
put a plastic skirt around your starts (cover the edeges with dirt or
compost) for some extra heat.

Weeds are just starting to come up good.

Bob

Sorry, I wasn't clear. The tomatoes and stuff are in the house under
lights. The only thing I have outside right now is the onion seedlings.

Bob