GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pollen pimping (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/184422-pollen-pimping.html)

KC[_2_] 04-06-2009 03:01 AM

Pollen pimping

They make a product called "blossom set" for pollinating tomatoes and
peppers when the bees are not doing their job. Has anyone seen a
similar spray for fruit trees. I have an apple tree that lost it's
companion cross-pollinator and I need something until the new tree
starts blooming.

KC

Penelope[_2_] 05-07-2009 02:19 PM

Pollen pimping

On Wed, 3 Jun 2009 19:01:04 -0700 (PDT), KC
wrote:

They make a product called "blossom set" for pollinating tomatoes and
peppers when the bees are not doing their job. Has anyone seen a
similar spray for fruit trees. I have an apple tree that lost it's
companion cross-pollinator and I need something until the new tree
starts blooming.

Tomatoes and peppers don't require bees to be pollinated, they're self
fertile. The blossom set sprays help when the weather conditions
aren't favorable for pollen viability. If I remember correctly, the
blossom set sprays are helpful when cool nights are preventing
pollination, but not hot nights.

Penelope

"ElissaAnn"