Old 05-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Registered User

Default FloraBloom

Hi I’ve got hold of some “FloraBloom” liquid fertilizer , could anyone tell me how many mil I have to use for general use i.e. Toms, Chillies, strawberrys,peppers.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
jellylegline wrote:

Hi I’ve got hold of some “FloraBloom” liquid fertilizer , could anyone
tell me how many mil I have to use for general use i.e. Toms,
Chillies, strawberrys,peppers.

Do you know anything about strawberrys, and peppers?
Do you know anything about gardening?
Do you know anything about Flora Bloom? (0-5-4)
http://www.daytonhydroponics.com/pro...products_id=83

When my peppers are mostly in flowering I'll add about .9 lbs of chicken
manure to each of them.

Dry Chicken Manure= 1.1 - .8 - .5 and it won't hurt the ecology of
the soil, and my peppers will have the same, or more, nutrients than
yours.

I suggest the following 3 books to you. They can be found in the library.

"How to Grow More Vegetables" by John Jeavons
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b/...=search-alias%
3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=How+to+Grow+More+Vegetables&x=0&y=0

"Vegetable Gardener' Bible" by Edward C. Smith.
http://www.amazon.com/Vegetable-Gard...Gardening/dp/1
580172121/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1206815454&sr=1-1

Teaming with Microbes: A Gardener's Guide to the Soil Food Web
Jeff Lowenfels and Wayne Lewis
http://www.amazon.com/Teaming-Microb.../dp/0881927775
/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1206815176&sr= 1-1
--

- Billy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En2TzBE0lp4

Old 06-06-2009, 06:19 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"jellylegline" wrote in message

Hi I've got hold of some "FloraBloom" liquid fertilizer , could anyone
tell me how many mil I have to use for general use i.e. Toms,
Chillies, strawberrys,peppers.

Have you read the label and directions?

If not here is the online read:
http://www.generalhydroponics.com/ge...rabloom_qt.pdf

This is primarily for Hydroponic systems and usually one part of a two/three
part
nute program. You would use this to customize your nutes. 2/3 part
programs are formulated to overcome precipitate problems and the lack of
Calcium and/or Sulfur in most ferts.

It can be used (properly diluted, of course ) as a stand alone
nutrient supplement in soil, but it is a bit spendy for such use and most
important, you need to ask, do you need
xtra P-K at this stage of your plant growth?

Just make sure you know what you are doing when it comes to souping up your
nute program. You may inadvertently cause problems jacking nutes around,
especially
without baseline data on your soil/plant and you should have (and know how
to use) a good pH/PPM/EC meter .

Old 06-06-2009, 06:33 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
"gunner" wrote:

jacking nutes around

SIR, DO YOU KNOW NO DECENCY?

Old 06-06-2009, 09:21 AM
Registered User

Thank you for your reply Billy, I’ve only just started out gardening due to the financial difficulties of feeding my young family. I must say I found your post very patronizing, I was only asking a question; I was told that FloraBloom could be used in soil not just for Hydroponic systems. I do use chicken pellets. If you did not mean to try and belittle me then please accept my apologies, if you did then that may not make me a better gardener than you but it certainly makes me a better person. Thanking You Martin.

Old 06-06-2009, 04:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
jellylegline wrote:

Thank you for your reply Billy, I’ve only just started out gardening due
to the financial difficulties of feeding my young family. I must say I
found your post very patronizing, I was only asking a question; I was
told that FloraBloom could be used in soil not just for Hydroponic
systems. I do use chicken pellets. If you did not mean to try and
belittle me then please accept my apologies, if you did then that may
not make me a better gardener than you but it certainly makes me a
better person. Thanking You Martin.

How kind of you Martin for thanking me for pointing out that there was
no nitrogen in your fertilizer, so all the mls in the world, wouldn't
make for a healthy plant. And you are welcome for the URL that I sent to
you with the N-P-K of various manures
http://www.plantea.com/manuer.htm. I was just trying to be helpful, so
that you wouldn't be wasting your time. I'm glad that I got your
attention.

It was the scope and depth of your ignorance that took my breath away.
Each plant has it's own special set of needs. Potatoes like low pH soil
(soil, not dirt). Cucumbers have more need for phosphorus and potassium
than nitrogen. Corn needs lots of N - P - K, and lots of water. Swiss
chard is not very picky and will produce as long as it gets water.

If you buy a HUNDRED POUND BAG of 10 - 10 - 10 chemical fertilizer, it
will contain 10 lbs of nitrogen (ammonia or nitrate), 10 lbs of
phosphorous, and 10 lbs of potassium. A similar bag of 1-1-1, would
yield a pound of each/bag.

Thing is Martin, chemical fertilizers (chemferts) are salts. Salts kill
soil by killing the micro-organisms that make up the ecology of the
soil, which in turn are responsible for the soils fertility. Chemferts
are easily washed away (you will need to buy more) and they contaminate
local water supplies (nitrates are bad for fetuses, and young children),
and are responsible for HUGE "dead zones" in the oceans at the mouths of
rivers. The book, "Teaming with Microbes" explains most of what you need
to know about soils.

Almost without exception, the human cost of using herbicides or
insecticides, is borne by the very young. The environmental cost is to
diversity of plants for pollinators to live on until you need them and
to the pollinators and beneficial insects as well.

So Martin, I've already written over 300 words. How many more do I owe
you?

I've given you my advice. I'm sorry, if I have offended you. I wish I
could make it simpler, but I can't. Now it is up to you to learn and
practice what you learn, and above all, learn from the copious mistakes
you are about to make (we all do).

Keep asking questions, but be ready for the response.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
jellylegline wrote:

[...]

Heck with them Billy. Why not just invest in Health Insurance, drug
company stock and fake food folks. There is a killing to be made.
Some folks must suffer so that they can conceive or question is there a
better way that promotes health.
What the Hell is health. Lack of symptoms or is there more. Not a
simple question with like you say no simple answers. Still we can
stumble on with the focus of a well place to live. Example the best with
poetry and music just a glimpse of hard work that gardening can mean.

Stepping down.

Bill seeking better for everyone.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

No foreign intervention unless tyranny at home.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"gunner" wrote:

jacking nutes around

SIR, DO YOU KNOW NO DECENCY?
--

Not really Billy, leastwise most who know me believe I don't. Yet mind you,
I am not the one that talks alot of "$h-t". ; )

"I'll add about .9 lbs of chicken manure to each of them."

Old 06-06-2009, 08:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
jellylegline wrote:

[...]

Between "With Mind"
And "With-Out Mind,"
The pine tree breeze!
How do you want us
To listen to you in the garden?
- Mushin-za

This is one of the five spirits of the warrior (budo), and is often used
as a Japanese martial arts tenet. Under that context, places such as the
Budo Dojo define it this way: "No mind, a mind without ego. A mind like
a mirror which reflects and does not judge." The original term was
"mushin no shin", meaning, "mind of no mind." It is a state of mind
without fear, anger, or anxiety. Mushin is often described by the
phrase, "mizu no kokoro", which means, "mind like water". The phrase is
a metaphor describing the pond that clearly reflects it¹s surroundings
when calm, but whose images are obscured once a pebble is dropped into
its waters.

Listening to Joan Baez, Diamonds and Rust

Cooling off after a morning in the garden, but how she calls to me,
an insatiable mistress.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:05 AM
Registered User

It was the scope and depth of your ignorance that took my breath away.
.
.
.
.
Sorry but i cant help not being from the USA.
.
Thank You for your help, i do understand what you say, but it's how you come across.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
jellylegline wrote:

It was the scope and depth of your ignorance that took my breath away.

I'b be surprised, if you could grow weeds. I don't think you'll ever be
a gardener.

Billy, au bout de souffle.
--

- Billy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1Zunx_goz4

http://www.democracynow.org/2009/6/2...ra_hass_on_the

Old 09-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Registered User

Talking

Old 09-06-2009, 09:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
jellylegline wrote:

Do a bit a reading and speaking with neighbors. Change your handle and
every thing is fresh.

....................... one more point for one up man ship. Egos
can blind us all.

Bill

Old 10-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Registered User