GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Garden layout (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/184470-re-garden-layout.html)

KC[_2_] 05-06-2009 08:54 PM

Garden layout

On Jun 2, 9:13*pm, "David Hare-Scott" wrote:

*It is important that you do not compact the
soil of the bed by walking on it or puting anything heavy on it.

Reminds me of an exam question in my gardening class; "What will
compact soil more, a tractor or a person?" Answer was a person since
all the weight is concentrated in the small area of 2 footprints,
whereas the tractor has 4 large wide tires so the weight, even though
much more, is distributed over a much larger area.
KC

Evangelinepriya 12-06-2009 02:55 PM

Outdoorlivinguk.co.uk.com offers a massive range of water features at markdown prices.