GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Can it be true? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/184780-can-true.html)

Lilah Morgan[_2_] 14-06-2009 11:30 PM

Can it be true?

Was watching RFDTV news, and they said that Monsanto has/is in the process
of shutting down half of its' US cotton operations because not enough of
their seed is being planted.

--
What would YOU do for a Klondike Bar?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bill who putters 14-06-2009 11:36 PM

Can it be true?

In article ,
"Lilah Morgan" wrote:

Was watching RFDTV news, and they said that Monsanto has/is in the process
of shutting down half of its' US cotton operations because not enough of
their seed is being planted.

Do not know. Go Hemp.

Bill

http://www.eartheasy.com/wear_hemp_clothing.htm

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Music look for Wim Mertens

Lilah Morgan[_2_] 15-06-2009 12:43 AM

Can it be true?

Perhaps I should have clarified that I was hopeful Monsanto is getting the
message that consumers are starting to not appreciate their
products/business practices. I actually want to try growing my own clothes,
so to speak. I can get cotton seeds from Bountiful Gardens, flax linen seeds
from Nichols Garden Nursery, and find the phyllostachs(sp?) nuda species of
bamboo. Like I don't have enough to do, but what the hell...I need to prove
I'm an illiterate redneck hermit after all ;-)