Old 02-07-2009, 02:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default To many Tomatoes and Peppers

All at the same time. we have been canning making Salsa stuffed peppers. I
guess I will have to take a bunch to work.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:40 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Aluckyguess" wrote in message
All at the same time. we have been canning making Salsa stuffed peppers. I
guess I will have to take a bunch to work.

There is no such thing as too many tomatoes and peppers.
--S.

Old 02-07-2009, 03:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Suzanne D." wrote in message

"Aluckyguess" wrote in message
All at the same time. we have been canning making Salsa stuffed peppers.
I guess I will have to take a bunch to work.

There is no such thing as too many tomatoes and peppers.
--S.

I think that's just "back door" bragging.
Steve

Old 02-07-2009, 07:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

I'm sure there are food banks in your area who would appreciate them as well

Old 03-07-2009, 02:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Lilah Morgan" wrote in message
I'm sure there are food banks in your area who would appreciate them as
well

"Aluckyguess" wrote in message
All at the same time. we have been canning making Salsa stuffed peppers.
guess I will have to take a bunch to work.

took a bunch to work. Got one guy just sits and eats tomatoes until he cant
eat no more. Eats the peppers too.
He's a big feller.

Old 03-07-2009, 06:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Aluckyguess" wrote in message news:xtd3m.5488
took a bunch to work. Got one guy just sits and eats tomatoes until he
cant eat no more. Eats the peppers too.

Sounds like my husband, who eats everything that the kids don't catch first
(which admittedly isn't a lot by the time they get done). We also took to
bringing sacks of tomatoes and other veggies over to the neighbor's house
now and then. She'd reciprocate with baked goods. Everyone's a winner!
--S.

Old 03-07-2009, 06:53 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
"Suzanne D." wrote:

"Aluckyguess" wrote in message news:xtd3m.5488
took a bunch to work. Got one guy just sits and eats tomatoes until he
cant eat no more. Eats the peppers too.

Sounds like my husband, who eats everything that the kids don't catch first
(which admittedly isn't a lot by the time they get done). We also took to
bringing sacks of tomatoes and other veggies over to the neighbor's house
now and then. She'd reciprocate with baked goods. Everyone's a winner!
--S.

Not to mention it's zucchini season, so keep your doors locked;O)
--

- Billy

learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and
find out for themselves.
Will Rogers

http://www.democracynow.org/2009/7/1/headlines#4
http://www.tomdispatch.com/p/zinn
Old 03-07-2009, 10:02 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Billy" wrote in message
Not to mention it's zucchini season, so keep your doors locked;O)

I've never gotten a single zucchini from a neighbor at this location! I'm
starting to think that people never grow it around here, and that maybe I
should plant some next year and...

--S.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Aluckyguess" wrote in message
All at the same time. we have been canning making Salsa stuffed peppers. I
guess I will have to take a bunch to work.

Make up some chillie sauce.
Recipe
3 cups raw sugar
3 cups white wine vinegar
3 cups of chopped onions
3 cups of chopped up chillies
2 cans of chopped tomatoes
knob of ginger grated up
heaps of garlic
salt
pepper
Bring to boil in large pot and simmer for 1-1/2 hours on low.
While this is going on sterilise a few canning jars and when all is ready,
place sauce in jars and seal and then enjoy.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:29 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Aluckyguess" wrote in message
All at the same time. we have been canning making Salsa stuffed peppers. I
guess I will have to take a bunch to work.

I just made sauce and canned all those first tomatoes. Also shared some
with the neighbors. Peppers get frozen for winter use.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:32 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Suzanne D." wrote in message

"Billy" wrote in message
Not to mention it's zucchini season, so keep your doors locked;O)

I've never gotten a single zucchini from a neighbor at this location! I'm
starting to think that people never grow it around here, and that maybe I
should plant some next year and...

--S.

They may have too much trouble with SVB. Here they're almost impossible to
grow because of these insects.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"joebee" wrote in message

"Aluckyguess" wrote in message
All at the same time. we have been canning making Salsa stuffed peppers.
I guess I will have to take a bunch to work.

Make up some chillie sauce.
Recipe
3 cups raw sugar
3 cups white wine vinegar
3 cups of chopped onions
3 cups of chopped up chillies
2 cans of chopped tomatoes
knob of ginger grated up
heaps of garlic
salt
pepper
Bring to boil in large pot and simmer for 1-1/2 hours on low.
While this is going on sterilise a few canning jars and when all is ready,
place sauce in jars and seal and then enjoy.

I think I will show this to my wife today.
Thanks