Old 14-07-2009, 10:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default The Blob is on my Plum Tree

This is a link to some pictures of "The Blob" (dark brown stuff wrapped
around the branches, about a hundred of them, three or four inches
long) which has attached itself all over my Italian Prune tree. Does
anyone know what this is and what I should do to it?

http://caravelabooks.com/plumcrud/

Old 15-07-2009, 12:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Bert Byfield" wrote in message
. 97.131...
This is a link to some pictures of "The Blob" (dark brown stuff wrapped
around the branches, about a hundred of them, three or four inches
long) which has attached itself all over my Italian Prune tree. Does
anyone know what this is and what I should do to it?

http://caravelabooks.com/plumcrud/

Looks like a Black Knot problem.
do some research and good luck, if it is that bad it will take a while for
the patient to recover

Old 15-07-2009, 02:08 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"gunner" wrote in message

"Bert Byfield" wrote in message
. 97.131...
This is a link to some pictures of "The Blob" (dark brown stuff wrapped
around the branches, about a hundred of them, three or four inches
long) which has attached itself all over my Italian Prune tree. Does
anyone know what this is and what I should do to it?

http://caravelabooks.com/plumcrud/

Looks like a Black Knot problem.
do some research and good luck, if it is that bad it will take a while for
the patient to recover

Asporigia moribosum, commonly called black knot. Prune out all affected
limbs, disinfecting tools with bleach after each cut. Burn the infected
material. Plums and cherries are especially susceptible. Hopefully you last
pruning cut is not at ground level as this fungal disease is quite invasive.
Good luck,
Steve

The Blob is on My Plum Tree Bert Byfield Gardening 3 23-07-2009 11:46 AM
Beware of the blob K30a Ponds 34 17-08-2003 05:17 AM
fruit fly and plum tree Darryn Australia 2 05-04-2003 07:35 AM
Plum Tree Die Back Steve H United Kingdom 1 22-03-2003 10:20 PM
[IBC] Flowering Plum Bonsai tree question. Marty Haber Bonsai 0 23-01-2003 04:20 PM