Old 29-07-2009, 03:16 PM
Registered User

Default Contaminated Manure/compost

I apologise if this has already been posted elsewhere, You will be aware of the problems gardeners experienced last year use of manure that had been contaminated with aminopyralid - a particularly persistent herbicide. Although the chemical was temporarily withdrawn problems have also been experienced again this year.

If you are unaware and wish to read about the problem I have collated lots of information which can be accessed from links from this page of my website
http://www.glallotments.btik.com/p_C...ed_Manure.ikml
The government are currently considering an application to reinstate the licence and an epetition has been set up against this which can be accessed
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/aminopyralidban/
You may wish to consider signing it.

In any event - to try and cut down on the number of people falling foul of the problem a group of us are trying to publicise the need to be cautious when obtaining manure. I hope you willhelp by spreading the word.
Old 29-07-2009, 07:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

http://tinyurl.com/5eyaft
http://tinyurl.com/ltelwx
You may wish to consider signing it.

In any event - to try and cut down on the number of people falling foul
of the problem a group of us are trying to publicise the need to be
cautious when obtaining manure. I hope you willhelp by spreading the
word.

Thanks for the up date.
--

- Billy

Racial injustice, war, urban blight, and environmental rape have a common denominator in our exploitative economic system.* ~Channing E. Phillips

Israeli Settlers Attack Palestinian Land
http://i2.democracynow.org/2009/7/22/headlines#7

http://www.tomdispatch.com/p/zinn
Old 08-08-2009, 10:27 AM
Registered User

It really is a crime to damage the enviroment for a slightly bigger harvest so the share holders have more to pocket for themselves.

Shame on them all.
Keep gardening till the cows come home.
solar mole repeller