GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Calcium (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/186551-calcium.html)

Andy Petro 16-08-2009 01:09 AM

Calcium

What kind of store sells calcium chloride in Canada

jeff 16-08-2009 05:43 AM

Calcium

Andy Petro wrote:
What kind of store sells calcium chloride in Canada

Isn't that used for melting ice. I would think it would be widely
available, not so here in Atlanta!

Jeff

Billy[_8_] 16-08-2009 06:15 AM

Calcium

In article , jeff
wrote:

Andy Petro wrote:
What kind of store sells calcium chloride in Canada

Isn't that used for melting ice. I would think it would be widely
available, not so here in Atlanta!

Jeff

Check a pharmacy.
--
Racial injustice, war, urban blight, and environmental rape have a common denominator in our exploitative economic system.*
~Channing E. Phillips

http://tinyurl.com/o63ruj
http://countercurrents.org/roberts020709.htm

jeff 16-08-2009 04:30 PM

Calcium

Billy wrote:
In article , jeff
wrote:

Andy Petro wrote:
What kind of store sells calcium chloride in Canada

Isn't that used for melting ice. I would think it would be widely
available, not so here in Atlanta!

Jeff

Check a pharmacy.

It's a low temperature ice melter. Whether you can buy it in a
pharmacy, you can certainly buy it large quantities for melting ice. For
example:

http://www.mortonsalt.com/products/r...e_t_power.html

http://www.dow.com/calcium/index.htm

It's a common ingredient in many premium ice melters.

It's also has characteristics that it make it suitable for desiccant
dehumidifying/air conditioning.

Jeff

sherwin dubren 17-08-2009 04:10 AM

Calcium

Andy Petro wrote:
What kind of store sells calcium chloride in Canada

Andy,

I'm not sure why you want to buy calcium. If it is for
adding to your vegetables and fruit trees, calcium
chloride will not work. You should look at products
specifically for that purpose, like Nutri-Cal that
will be absorbed properly by these plants.

Sherwin

sherwin dubren 19-08-2009 08:54 AM

Calcium

Andy Petro wrote:
What kind of store sells calcium chloride in Canada

If you want to get calcium into a plant, the best way
is with a foliar spray of the proper calcium compound.
Using common calcium chloride will burn the leaves.

As I mentioned before, products like Nutri-Cal are
specifically formulated not to damage the leaves.

Sherwin