GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   chilli peppers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/186852-chilli-peppers.html)

daniel.daniel 26-08-2009 05:10 PM

chilli peppers

I have been growing twlight chilli peppers this year and have lots of purple chilli's but thought they where suppose to turn red????? do they turn red or is purple the colour ther r suppose to be???

spes123 27-08-2009 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel.daniel (Post 862726)
I have been growing twlight chilli peppers this year and have lots of purple chilli's but thought they where suppose to turn red????? do they turn red or is purple the colour ther r suppose to be???

If you mean you have lots of small purple chilli on one plant then the purple colour will change to red as the chillies ripen.

daniel.daniel 27-08-2009 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spes123 (Post 862876)
If you mean you have lots of small purple chilli on one plant then the purple colour will change to red as the chillies ripen.

Thanks alot!!

seedparade 26-09-2009 11:43 PM

Are they red yet?
I thought some twilight could ripen to purple?!