GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tomato blight (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/187219-tomato-blight.html)

zxcvbob 15-09-2009 06:58 PM

Tomato blight

Do prophylactic applications of fungicides work to prevent Late Blight
in tomatoes? How about waiting until the first sign of spotted yellow
leaves and then spraying? Daconil, Captan, Maneb, or Bordeaux mixture?

Planning for next year,
Bob

General Schvantzkoph 15-09-2009 08:21 PM

Tomato blight

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 12:58:28 -0500, zxcvbob wrote:

Do prophylactic applications of fungicides work to prevent Late Blight
in tomatoes? How about waiting until the first sign of spotted yellow
leaves and then spraying? Daconil, Captan, Maneb, or Bordeaux mixture?

Planning for next year,
Bob

I sprayed my plants with Agway's Fruit Tree Spray, which contains Captan,
after they started to get sick, it arrested the disease and I got a fair
number of tomatoes. I'll look for something safer next year and use it
prophylacticly.

gunner 16-09-2009 12:13 AM

Tomato blight

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
Do prophylactic applications of fungicides work to prevent Late Blight in
tomatoes? How about waiting until the first sign of spotted yellow leaves
and then spraying? Daconil, Captan, Maneb, or Bordeaux mixture?

Planning for next year,
Bob

Seem to be lots of tomato problems in the US this year, however Washington
State was pretty good overall.

Cornell put out some info on this year's NE crop conditions that may be
useful to you:
http://vegetablemdonline.ppath.corne...tBlt_2009.html

mor 12-10-2009 08:26 PM

you can use copper sulphate fungicide its less demaging
http://gardening-tips-idea.com/Tomato-Late-Blight.html