GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Controlling powdery mildew on cucumbers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/187454-controlling-powdery-mildew-cucumbers.html)

Daniel Prince 25-09-2009 04:05 PM

Controlling powdery mildew on cucumbers

My cucumbers have powdery mildew on them. I looked at the
instructions on my bottle of Safer brand mildewcide. It said not to
use it when temperatures are expected to exceed 85 degrees F. It
has been getting up to around 100 lately.

Is there something else I could use? I have read about using
powdered milk. Does it work well? Is it safe at high temperatures?
How much should I use in 0.5 gallons of water? Thank you in advance
for all replies.
--
Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,

len[_4_] 28-09-2009 08:52 PM

Controlling powdery mildew on cucumbers

g'day daniel,

lots use milk mostly from the bottel see our remedies page i think the
recipe is there.

we also find planting susseptable plants in well drained medium and well
ventilated area ie.,. breezy spot keeps pm away until the plant has all but
run its course, and that is to be expected as the plant is not as strong
then.

len

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

snipped

Sam 29-09-2009 03:38 PM

On Sep 25, 11:05*am, Daniel Prince wrote:
My cucumbers have powdery mildew on them. *I looked at the
instructions on my bottle of Safer brand mildewcide. *It said not to
use it when temperatures are expected to exceed 85 degrees F. *It
has been getting up to around 100 lately.

Is there something else I could use? *I have read about using
powdered milk. *Does it work well? *Is it safe at high temperatures?
How much should I use in 0.5 gallons of water? *Thank you in advance
for all replies.
--
Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
REALLY good. *I'll have some of that!"

I'm sorry I have no Idea how to get the mildew off of your
cucmbers Daniel. If I knew then i would tell you how. Hope you get
them to look better!

caitlin h 29-09-2009 07:22 PM

Controlling powdery mildew on cucumbers

On Sep 25, 11:05*am, Daniel Prince wrote:
My cucumbers have powdery mildew on them. *I looked at the
instructions on my bottle of Safer brand mildewcide. *It said not to
use it when temperatures are expected to exceed 85 degrees F. *It
has been getting up to around 100 lately.

Is there something else I could use? *I have read about using
powdered milk. *Does it work well? *Is it safe at high temperatures?
How much should I use in 0.5 gallons of water? *Thank you in advance
for all replies.
--
Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
REALLY good. *I'll have some of that!"

This is a reply for an internet literacy course. We were instructed to
find a newsgroup on gardening and reply to a post.

len[_4_] 30-09-2009 01:15 AM

Controlling powdery mildew on cucumbers

once again daniel,

i forgot to mention when watering try to avoid wetting the foliage and water
in the mornings so there is time for any that does get on the foliage to dry
off before evening begins.

len

snipped

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 30-09-2009 04:42 AM

caitlin h wrote:
On Sep 25, 11:05 am, Daniel Prince wrote:
My cucumbers have powdery mildew on them. I looked at the
instructions on my bottle of Safer brand mildewcide. It said not to
use it when temperatures are expected to exceed 85 degrees F. It
has been getting up to around 100 lately.

Is there something else I could use? I have read about using
powdered milk. Does it work well? Is it safe at high temperatures?
How much should I use in 0.5 gallons of water? Thank you in advance
for all replies.
--
Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
REALLY good. I'll have some of that!"

This is a reply for an internet literacy course. We were instructed to
find a newsgroup on gardening and reply to a post.

I guess the course is abouit improving your communication, how do you think
that you are going?

David

Pami 30-09-2009 03:58 PM

Controlling powdery mildew on cucumbers

On Sep 25, 11:05*am, Daniel Prince wrote:
My cucumbers have powdery mildew on them. *I looked at the
instructions on my bottle of Safer brand mildewcide. *It said not to
use it when temperatures are expected to exceed 85 degrees F. *It
has been getting up to around 100 lately.

Is there something else I could use? *I have read about using
powdered milk. *Does it work well? *Is it safe at high temperatures?
How much should I use in 0.5 gallons of water? *Thank you in advance
for all replies.
--
Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
REALLY good. *I'll have some of that!"

What is this group about?