GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Banana tree leaves turn brown! Why? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/18754-re-banana-tree-leaves-turn-brown-why.html)

BOB 27-04-2003 09:08 PM

Banana tree leaves turn brown! Why?

"TOM KAN PA" wrote in message

I have a banana tree growing in a pot. It's about 12" high. After the
new leaf matures, the tip turns brown. And I don't mean just the very
end tip, it's about 1/4 to 1/3 of the end of the leaf. How can I
prevent this?

Indoors?
Outdoors? If outdoors, what area?

My first thought would be cold or even frost, but all my bananas grow
outdoors in Central Florida.

BOB

Zphysics1 27-04-2003 11:08 PM

Banana tree leaves turn brown! Why?

Subject: Banana tree leaves turn brown! Why?
From: " BOB"
Date: 27, 01Apr Sep20032002 12:54 PM
"TOM KAN PA" wrote in message

I have a banana tree growing in a pot. It's about 12" high. After the
new leaf matures, the tip turns brown. And I don't mean just the very
end tip, it's about 1/4 to 1/3 of the end of the leaf. How can I
prevent this?

Indoors?
Outdoors? If outdoors, what area?

My first thought would be cold or even frost, but all my bananas grow
outdoors in Central Florida.

BOB

Bananas are sensitive to lack of water . Trim the brown leaves off. Water and
fertilize. It will come back. Bananas are not really container plants, you
know. ;-)

/z.

Zphysics1 27-04-2003 11:08 PM

Banana tree leaves turn brown! Why?

Oh, I have a banana plant in a 10 gallon pot. It is about 5 feet tall -- but I
doubt if it will fruit unless
planted in the ground.

/z.