Old 07-10-2009, 01:31 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Tomatoes and worms no ITS NOT A DISH.

My grandpa loves to grow tomatoes, I don't even know why don't ask me,
but anyways he also loves fishing! So when his birthday came he wanted
something for his garden and/or fishing supplies. I asked my friend
who works at a gardening center if she could give me any ideas. She
came up with the perfect thing! She then sent me an E-mail that had
two url's. The two url's lead to a tomato how to guide, and a worm
farm guide. Perfect! A gift that would give my grandpa the best of
both worlds. So now he has the most tomatoes an italian could have! He
also really wants to use his worms to go fishing before winter! So if
any of you want to grow tomatoes or make a wormfarm.
tomatoes (how to make the best tomatoes) http://tinyurl.com/ydlnf6y
Worm farm (How to make compost and fish bait) http://tinyurl.com/y9slzt6

Thanks
Old 09-10-2009, 06:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Oct 7, 10:48*pm, John Morrison wrote:
On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 17:31:39 -0700 (PDT), garden guy
wrote:

My grandpa loves to grow tomatoes, I don't even know why don't ask me,
but anyways he also loves fishing! So when his birthday came he wanted
something for his garden and/or fishing supplies. I asked my friend
who works at a gardening center if she could give me any ideas. She
came up with the perfect thing! She then sent me an E-mail *that had
two url's. The two url's lead to a tomato how to guide, and a worm
farm guide. Perfect! A gift that would give my grandpa the best of
both worlds. So now he has the most tomatoes an italian could have! He
also really wants to use his worms to go fishing before winter! So if
any of you want to grow tomatoes or make a wormfarm.
tomatoes (how to make the best tomatoes)http://tinyurl.com/ydlnf6y
Worm farm (How to make compost and fish bait)http://tinyurl.com/y9slzt6

I could be around the same age as your grandpa because I have always loved
home grown tomatoes too. :-)

Home grown tomatoes usually are excellent to eat, you can select a ripe
tomatoe then pluck it and use it fresh off the plant without the tomatoe
ever being refrigerated.

I have two 240 litre worm farms to which I add all my kitchens' vegetable
peelings, coffee grounds, egg shells etc. When I give my two Airedale
Terriers a haircut their wool is sucked up using a vacuum cleaner and goes
straight into the two worm farms too.

The link: http://tinyurl.com/y9slzt6 mentions: "all sorts of manure
(including dog and cat droppings) can be added to a worm farm".
My experience was different because I found the compost worms when given a
variety of kitchen cuttings tended to avoid the dog droppings.
My solution was to setup a third worm farm to which I only added dog
droppings.
--

John

Well my grandfather knows all about that stuff he uses that worm how
to thing all the time. he mostly uses the kitchen leftovers but he
will be the first to tell you that he now loves the worm farm book,
infact he now has two and the worms are really fat, perfect fishing
bait!

Thanks

Dog Worms: Understand Dog Worms Symptoms and Infestation brahimbb17 Gardening 0 10-12-2008 12:17 PM
The meat dish Frank Logullo Gardening 2 14-06-2004 12:05 AM
Want to buy photo of a meal including a dish made of Andean Tarwi, and many happy Andean and Europea briancady413 Permaculture 0 24-02-2004 11:35 PM
Plantman Column - Dish the dirt! What's your soil type? Earl Buchan Gardening 0 14-08-2003 07:02 PM
How to measure the total amount of algae growing in petri dish asaad78 Plant Science 0 15-05-2003 07:44 PM