GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Trying to track down a spud (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/189554-trying-track-down-spud.html)

inishindie 11-02-2010 11:36 PM

Trying to track down a spud

Hi
I'm trying to track down any suppliers who have the old Champion Variety seeds. Here is a bit of info:

Champion

HIGHER TAXON:

Solanaceae

GENUS:

Solanum L.

Solanum tuberosum L. cv. Champion

Pedigree:

Victoria x ?

Breeder:
Nicol, Arbroath, Scotland
From a list 1876

Cheers

Ian

BrownFingers 12-02-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inishindie (Post 877203)
Hi
I'm trying to track down any suppliers who have the old Champion Variety seeds. Here is a bit of info:

Champion

HIGHER TAXON:

Solanaceae

GENUS:

Solanum L.

Solanum tuberosum L. cv. Champion

Pedigree:

Victoria x ?

Breeder:
Nicol, Arbroath, Scotland
From a list 1876

Cheers

Ian

N ot sure about them love but shit a dog you should try the "old fungus Champion Variety" that grow on my nuts! no not them nuts you perv... my peanuts!!! bloody spiders.....