GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Borer beetles (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/191195-borer-beetles.html)

Steve B[_6_] 30-04-2010 05:00 AM

Borer beetles

I have been seeing parallel rows of holes in my pines. I thought it was
woodpeckers. I was told it was borer beetles. I sprayed Sevin, and the
problem seems to have stopped. Question is, if it was woodpeckers, and now
the food source has stopped, so have they, or did I get the borers, and
should I spray this spring and summer? I think I will spray no matter, but
I think it was peckers and not borers.

Steve

Billy[_10_] 30-04-2010 06:06 AM

Borer beetles

In article ,
"Steve B" wrote:

I have been seeing parallel rows of holes in my pines. I thought it was
woodpeckers. I was told it was borer beetles. I sprayed Sevin, and the
problem seems to have stopped. Question is, if it was woodpeckers, and now
the food source has stopped, so have they, or did I get the borers, and
should I spray this spring and summer? I think I will spray no matter, but
I think it was peckers and not borers.

Steve

My guess: boring peckers
--