GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What's eating my strawberries? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/192106-whats-eating-my-strawberries.html)

General Schvantzkoph 11-06-2010 08:32 PM

What's eating my strawberries?

Something is chewing on my strawberries. I have chicken wire cages
covering the plants so I don't think it's birds or groundhogs that are
doing the damage. I've also been spraying them with neem. Could my
problem be slugs?

General Schvantzkoph 12-06-2010 11:49 AM

What's eating my strawberries?

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 06:34:16 -0500, phorbin wrote:

In article , says...
General Schvantzkoph wrote:
Something is chewing on my strawberries. I have chicken wire cages
covering the plants so I don't think it's birds or groundhogs that
are doing the damage. I've also been spraying them with neem. Could
my problem be slugs?

Yes

David

http://www.google.ca/images?client=f...zilla%3Aen-US%
3Aofficial&hl=en&source=imghp&q=strawberries+slug+ damage&gbv=2
&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Google Images

Search criteria: Strawberries slug damage

I bought an iron phosphate slug killer and sprinkled it around the
garden, hopefully it will do the trick.