GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plant I.D. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/192484-plant-i-d.html)

Billy[_10_] 03-07-2010 10:54 PM

Plant I.D.

I almost forgot this yearly ritual of finding out what I am growing.
http://tinypic.com/1r509n5u
First pic on left, with drooping purple flowers.
I'd be ever so appreciative, if someone could tell me what it is.

Thanks.
--
- Billy
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/2/maude

Pat Kiewicz[_2_] 04-07-2010 11:58 AM

Plant I.D.

Billy said:

I almost forgot this yearly ritual of finding out what I am growing.
http://tinypic.com/1r509n5u
First pic on left, with drooping purple flowers.
I'd be ever so appreciative, if someone could tell me what it is.

Something in the Forget-me-not family (Boraginaceae), I'm
pretty sure.

Comfrey?
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

nutrients..." --Largo Potter, Valkyria Chronicles

email valid but not regularly monitored

Bill who putters 04-07-2010 12:03 PM

Plant I.D.

In article
,
Pat Kiewicz wrote:

Billy said:

I almost forgot this yearly ritual of finding out what I am growing.
http://tinypic.com/1r509n5u
First pic on left, with drooping purple flowers.
I'd be ever so appreciative, if someone could tell me what it is.

Something in the Forget-me-not family (Boraginaceae), I'm
pretty sure.

Comfrey?

Could be Comfrey as the flowers look right but not a broad leaf
comfrey. The small spines say comfrey too.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?

Billy[_10_] 04-07-2010 03:56 PM

Plant I.D.

In article
,
Pat Kiewicz wrote:

Billy said:

I almost forgot this yearly ritual of finding out what I am growing.
http://tinypic.com/1r509n5u
First pic on left, with drooping purple flowers.
I'd be ever so appreciative, if someone could tell me what it is.

Something in the Forget-me-not family (Boraginaceae), I'm
pretty sure.

Comfrey?

You folks are GOOD ;O) Comfrey it is. I started it last year, the
masking tape labels came off the pots, the writing faded, and my
thoughts went elsewhere. Cool, a new toy to play with.

Thank you again, Pat, and Bill.