GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rocket seeds (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/192695-rocket-seeds.html)

SandyAtkins 14-07-2010 03:00 PM

Rocket seeds

As a new gardener I'm a bit desparate to know whether my rocket seeds have germinated, or whether what I can see in the tub is weeds! Does anyone know what the seeds look like once they've germinated? I've got several things that look like thick blades of grass! I planted the seeds 26th June so about time they germinate. What do you think?

Pat Kiewicz[_2_] 15-07-2010 11:22 AM

Rocket seeds

SandyAtkins said:

As a new gardener I'm a bit desparate to know whether my rocket seeds
have germinated, or whether what I can see in the tub is weeds! Does
anyone know what the seeds look like once they've germinated? I've got
several things that look like thick blades of grass! I planted the
seeds 26th June so about time they germinate. What do you think?

Rocket seedlings do not look anything like blades of grass.

http://www.mytinyplot.co.uk/planting/rocket-seedlings/

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

nutrients..." --Largo Potter, Valkyria Chronicles

email valid but not regularly monitored

SandyAtkins 15-07-2010 10:00 PM

Thankyou so much!! I've got things like your photo coming up in my tubs! Brilliant. I had assumed they were weeds and that the blades of grass were probably rocket! Good thing I don't weed on a regular basis. I have been educated!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat Kiewicz[_2_] (Post 894147)
SandyAtkins said:

As a new gardener I'm a bit desparate to know whether my rocket seeds
have germinated, or whether what I can see in the tub is weeds! Does
anyone know what the seeds look like once they've germinated? I've got
several things that look like thick blades of grass! I planted the
seeds 26th June so about time they germinate. What do you think?

Rocket seedlings do not look anything like blades of grass.

My Tiny Plot Blog Archive Rocket Seedlings