Old 14-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Registered User

Question Rocket seeds

As a new gardener I'm a bit desparate to know whether my rocket seeds have germinated, or whether what I can see in the tub is weeds! Does anyone know what the seeds look like once they've germinated? I've got several things that look like thick blades of grass! I planted the seeds 26th June so about time they germinate. What do you think?
Old 15-07-2010, 11:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Rocket seeds

SandyAtkins said:

As a new gardener I'm a bit desparate to know whether my rocket seeds
have germinated, or whether what I can see in the tub is weeds! Does
anyone know what the seeds look like once they've germinated? I've got
several things that look like thick blades of grass! I planted the
seeds 26th June so about time they germinate. What do you think?

Rocket seedlings do not look anything like blades of grass.

http://www.mytinyplot.co.uk/planting/rocket-seedlings/

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

nutrients..." --Largo Potter, Valkyria Chronicles

email valid but not regularly monitored

Old 15-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Registered User

Lightbulb

Thankyou so much!! I've got things like your photo coming up in my tubs! Brilliant. I had assumed they were weeds and that the blades of grass were probably rocket! Good thing I don't weed on a regular basis. I have been educated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Kiewicz[_2_] View Post
SandyAtkins said:

As a new gardener I'm a bit desparate to know whether my rocket seeds
have germinated, or whether what I can see in the tub is weeds! Does
anyone know what the seeds look like once they've germinated? I've got
several things that look like thick blades of grass! I planted the
seeds 26th June so about time they germinate. What do you think?

Rocket seedlings do not look anything like blades of grass.

My Tiny Plot Blog Archive Rocket Seedlings