GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ok - first tomato, first blackberry and sticky pots (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/192713-re-ok-first-tomato-first-blackberry-sticky-pots.html)

Cheryl Isaak 15-07-2010 11:53 AM

Ok - first tomato, first blackberry and sticky pots

On 7/14/10 8:34 AM, in article
, "Bill who putters"
wrote:

In article ,
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

On 7/12/10 1:44 PM, in article
, "Billy"
wrote:

In article ,
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Ok - I had my first, maybe not quite ripe, cherry tomato - a Rosalita
(pink), a bit tart, but just a few more days and I'll have ripe ones for
sure. The rest of the cherry tomatoes are few weeks away I think.

Speaking of tomatoes, my understanding was that determinant tomatoes all
ripped at the same time, but I have a Glacier with ripe tomatoes and
just set, green fruit!? Is this another urban legend biting the dust, or
is this just something odd about Glacier?

Most of my tomatoes have at least green fruit, except for the 90 day
ones.

Just setting out my second wave of lettuce, and need to start a third,
along with cabbage, kale, and broccoli.

Next year, I want to add lettuce to my flower beds - edible foliage!

Ever grow nasturtiums ? Think flowers that are peppery. I like red
for hummers .

Those are tasty too, I put them in pots and window boxes.

Cheryl