GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Strawberry ABC's (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/192723-strawberry-abcs.html)

Steve B[_6_] 15-07-2010 05:57 PM

Strawberry ABC's

I have some strawberries planted in a wagon and not doing so good. I want
to transplant them to a bed. What kind of soil? How much water? How
frequently? I have heard they like to be "wet". Pointers appreciated.

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 16-07-2010 11:09 AM

Strawberry ABC's

Steve B wrote:
I have some strawberries planted in a wagon and not doing so good. I
want to transplant them to a bed. What kind of soil? How much
water? How frequently? I have heard they like to be "wet". Pointers
appreciated.

Reasonably rich soil, horse 'nure is good. Full sun. I dunno about wet,
don't let them wilt on hot days but I wouldn't keep them wet. Organise some
sort of mesh cover for birds, repel slugs and children too. Everybody and
everything likes ripe strawbs.

David