GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   VEGETABLE GARDEN: INTENSIVE GARDENING METHODS (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/193095-vegetable-garden-intensive-gardening-methods.html)

Bill who putters 04-08-2010 04:59 PM

VEGETABLE GARDEN: INTENSIVE GARDENING METHODS

Perhaps some tidbits of value. Now all i need is more light. ;))

http://ag.arizona.edu/pubs/garden/mg/vegetable/intensive.html

Right now a balmy 83 F. with a dew point of 73 F. Yuck and the
chiggers are about so my little toe on my left foot reminds me often.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?

Billy[_10_] 04-08-2010 06:43 PM

VEGETABLE GARDEN: INTENSIVE GARDENING METHODS

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

Perhaps some tidbits of value. Now all i need is more light. ;))

http://ag.arizona.edu/pubs/garden/mg/vegetable/intensive.html

Right now a balmy 83 F. with a dew point of 73 F. Yuck and the
chiggers are about so my little toe on my left foot reminds me often.

And here it is presently 54F, and we are on our way to 80F (27C).

The article on intensive gardening looks good, but last year I tried to
do intensive inter-planting with summer squash (low), and tomatoes
(high). It was a disaster. I suggest not to make radical changes in your
gardening. Try a small plot first, and then if it works, ramp it up.
This year would have been great, if we weren't running 10F below our 30
year average, and at least 2 weeks late.
--
- Billy
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/2/maude

Bill who putters 04-08-2010 09:10 PM

VEGETABLE GARDEN: INTENSIVE GARDENING METHODS

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

Perhaps some tidbits of value. Now all i need is more light. ;))

http://ag.arizona.edu/pubs/garden/mg/vegetable/intensive.html

Right now a balmy 83 F. with a dew point of 73 F. Yuck and the
chiggers are about so my little toe on my left foot reminds me often.

And here it is presently 54F, and we are on our way to 80F (27C).

The article on intensive gardening looks good, but last year I tried to
do intensive inter-planting with summer squash (low), and tomatoes
(high). It was a disaster. I suggest not to make radical changes in your
gardening. Try a small plot first, and then if it works, ramp it up.
This year would have been great, if we weren't running 10F below our 30
year average, and at least 2 weeks late.

I'd hazard a guess that it much better to grow plants with less
intensive design as our mistakes would be spread about a larger area.

Currently have beans and tomatos along with malabar and dill and a
few other herbs one called Self Heal looking happy but water seems to
be too much. Just had 55 MPH wind last week and rain so I'll hope
things dry a bit and hope the Atlantic remains calm.