GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   NASA on gardens (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/193299-nasa-gardens.html)

Bill who putters 18-08-2010 07:36 PM

NASA on gardens

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/GlobalGarden/

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
globalvoicesonline.org

Billy[_10_] 18-08-2010 09:49 PM

NASA on gardens

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/GlobalGarden/

Seems like a perfect example of myopic, tunnel vision scientists who are
unable to put their report into context. Most of the growth took place
at higher latitudes and the tropics. We are growing forests. A fat lot
of good that is going to do us.

We went past peak soil 10,000 years ago. We went past peak fossil fuel
300 years ago. When did peak clean water go by us? The aquifers can't
recharge as anywhere near as quickly as we empty them. Let us all pray
that peak population can be achieved without a disaster, as we are
rapidly closing in on peak food production. Again, pray that it happens
after peak population. We have tossed away all practical tools for
dealing with our problems, and all we have left now is prayer.

Thirty-five percent of the surface of the planet is already devoted to
agriculture. There isn't that much left that isn't too hot, too cold, to
high, too rocky, or too dry.

If you want to do the world a favor, don't have any children.
--
- Billy
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/2/maude