Old 30-04-2003, 10:44 AM

Default Lizards and toads

I just lost all my young cantaloupe and honeydew mellon plants. Also
something eat the first leaves off my squash plants. I thought it was
gophers but am begining to think it might be something else. My
question is that do any lizards eat these youg plants. I also have
seen some horn toads could these be the culpirts?

Saul

Remove nospam for valid address
Do not send messages to the MSN.com address as they will be ignored
Old 01-05-2003, 07:32 AM

Thanks to all who answered. As a long time resident of Tucson Arizona
that is what I was taught. Lizards and horn toads are friends and
should be welcome. The only thing to worry about are rabbits, gophers
(prarie dogs) and jackalopes ;-). I am going to assume my problem is
gophers and do some gopher protection around the bottom of the garden.

Saul