Old 20-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Grub's Avatar
Registered User

Default Chilli Plant's leaves

For some reason the leaves on my chilli plants have turned a sorry pale green. Some have yellow speackles on them. Does anyone know why this would happen? Its indoors on my window sil.
Old 20-11-2010, 10:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Grub wrote:
For some reason the leaves on my chilli plants have turned a sorry
pale green. Some have yellow speackles on them. Does anyone know why
this would happen? Its indoors on my window sil.

How many hours of direct sunlight does it get per day?

David
Old 20-11-2010, 11:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Grub wrote:
For some reason the leaves on my chilli plants have turned a sorry pale
green. Some have yellow speackles on them. Does anyone know why this
would happen? Its indoors on my window sil.

Spider mites? They're also not likely to be getting enough light
but that wouldn't cause the speckles.

Bob
Old 21-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Grub's Avatar
Registered User

Thanks for the replies

Its kept on the east facing windowsil so gets, well not much during the winter months I must say.
Old 21-11-2010, 10:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Grub wrote:
Thanks for the replies

Its kept on the east facing windowsil so gets, well not much during
the winter months I must say.

This will make the plant weak. Also houses are typically too dry for
growing many plants. A chilli is not an indoor plant which are typically
selected from those that grow in understory low light conditions.

The weakness will also make it more susceptible to diseases and attack by
insects and mites. Chillis and capsicums are warm climate and warm season
plants that like full sun to do their best. You don't say where you are so
I am guessing somewhat but you might do better to grow them as an annual
outdoors or at least in a sun-facing (away from the pole) window.

David

Old 22-11-2010, 02:15 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Grub wrote:
Thanks for the replies

Its kept on the east facing windowsil so gets, well not much during
the winter months I must say.

This will make the plant weak. Also houses are typically too dry for
growing many plants. A chilli is not an indoor plant which are typically
selected from those that grow in understory low light conditions.

The weakness will also make it more susceptible to diseases and attack by
insects and mites. Chillis and capsicums are warm climate and warm season
plants that like full sun to do their best. You don't say where you are so
I am guessing somewhat but you might do better to grow them as an annual
outdoors or at least in a sun-facing (away from the pole) window.

David

Or if you just want to grow them as a decorative plant, supplement with
a grow light
--
- Billy
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/2/maude
Old 12-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Registered User

This will accomplish the bulb weak. Also houses are about too dry for growing abounding plants. A chilli is not an calm bulb which are typically selected from those that abound in understory low ablaze conditions.
Hydroponic Gardening
Old 12-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Registered User

The weakness will aswell accomplish it added affected to diseases and advance by insects and mites. Chillis and capsicums are balmy altitude and balmy season plants that like abounding sun to do their best.
Old 18-05-2011, 12:55 AM
Registered User