GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ping David Hare-Scott (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/195060-ping-david-hare-scott.html)

FarmI 31-12-2010 02:14 AM

Ping David Hare-Scott

David

I remembered the name of the chap who died and who had headed the National
Farmer's Federation. It was Rick Farley and it was Landcare that he fought
for and got established.

I was in the process of making a Banana Cake when his name came back to me.
I knew baking was a good for the brain.

Fran

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 31-12-2010 02:50 AM

Ping David Hare-Scott

FarmI wrote:
David

I remembered the name of the chap who died and who had headed the
National Farmer's Federation. It was Rick Farley and it was Landcare
that he fought for and got established.

I was in the process of making a Banana Cake when his name came back
to me. I knew baking was a good for the brain.

Fran

I am a big fan of Landcare. They do good work mainly using volunteer labour
using the bottom-up approach mentioned by Diamond. They need more funding
and a sustained PR campaign and support from rural opinion leaders to make
them mainstream, they should come to represent and to spread the core
methods and attitudes that everybody can use.

David