GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   WoodBlocX (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/195442-woodblocx.html)

Bob Daniel 01-02-2011 02:31 PM

WoodBlocX

I have just ordered some woodblocx from www.woodblocx.co.uk

The customer support was great and they sent me out a sample box before I made the purchase. I am a wee bit worried about the constructio methods though does anyone have any experience with building these?

Thanks

Bob

jellybean stonerfish 01-02-2011 04:46 PM

WoodBlocX

On Tue, 01 Feb 2011 14:31:47 +0000, Bob Daniel wrote:

I have just ordered some woodblocx from www.woodblocx.co.uk

The customer support was great and they sent me out a sample box before
I made the purchase. I am a wee bit worried about the constructio
methods though does anyone have any experience with building these?

Thanks

Bob

I don't quite understand what they sell. Is it just wood?

A raised bed is one of the easiest things to build, out of wood. Just
nail some boards together. What is special about the product you are
trying to promote?

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 01-02-2011 07:51 PM

WoodBlocX

Bob Daniel wrote:
I have just ordered some woodblocx from www.woodblocx.co.uk

The customer support was great and they sent me out a sample box
before I made the purchase. I am a wee bit worried about the
constructio methods though does anyone have any experience with
building these?

Thanks

Bob

Let me see if I understand this. You have played with the sample and bought
these horribly expensive blocks and _now_ you are asking a bunch of
strangers how to assemble them. I think you need to employ a black-belt
carpenter (or a 10 yo boy who does Rubiks cube) to build this for you and
save you the worry as you clearly have more money than ability.

David

Bob Daniel 03-02-2011 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Hare-Scott[_2_] (Post 911822)
Bob Daniel wrote:
I have just ordered some woodblocx from www.woodblocx.co.uk

The customer support was great and they sent me out a sample box
before I made the purchase. I am a wee bit worried about the
constructio methods though does anyone have any experience with
building these?

Thanks

Bob

Let me see if I understand this. You have played with the sample and bought
these horribly expensive blocks and _now_ you are asking a bunch of
strangers how to assemble them. I think you need to employ a black-belt
carpenter (or a 10 yo boy who does Rubiks cube) to build this for you and
save you the worry as you clearly have more money than ability.

David

Hello David

I got the Raised bed yesterday. I was not looking for any help with construction I was just wondering if anyone else had used them.

It is build already and is over half a meter high and its 8 meters long. I wouldnt like to put that amount of soil behind just planks! And I wouldnt fancy lifting that amount of sleepers into my car at B and Q.

I do actually have a black belt its not in carpentry though. Do you get such a thing?

Anyway it was really easy to do and the wife is pleased with the result.

Cheers

Bob

jellybean stonerfish 03-02-2011 05:10 PM

WoodBlocX

On Thu, 03 Feb 2011 10:40:52 +0000, Bob Daniel wrote:

I got the Raised bed yesterday. I was not looking for any help with
construction I was just wondering if anyone else had used them.

Anyway it was really easy to do and the wife is pleased with the result.

Cheers

Bob

A pleased wife is very important.
Possibly more important than the planter. (-8