GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   new to this site (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/195881-new-site.html)

2DFuchia 11-03-2011 12:15 PM

new to this site

Hi my name is Jim,
my main interests are growing dahlias, I have recently included Fuchias but this is because of my wife who likes this plant.
I have a question,
I have got some early potatoes, I have read up on them and have the gist of chitting which I have laid and set out in trays.
Alls well at the moment because growth has started, my query is do I introduce water or spray the potatoes to stop them drying up, or will they keep till plant out time which if I read properly is at the end of this month start of next month.
As stated I have them laid out on top of compost showing eyes.