GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cultivating Water Chestnuts (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/196198-cultivating-water-chestnuts.html)

Darren Woods 01-04-2011 09:59 AM

Cultivating Water Chestnuts

Hello all!

Does anyone in the group know the best conditions and methods for
cultivating water chestnuts?

I'm hoping to grow Elocharis Dulcis, which I know require about an
inch of water. But that's about it!

Thanks!
Darren

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 01-04-2011 11:57 AM

Darren Woods wrote:
Hello all!

Does anyone in the group know the best conditions and methods for
cultivating water chestnuts?

I'm hoping to grow Elocharis Dulcis, which I know require about an
inch of water. But that's about it!

Thanks!
Darren

They do well here (warm temperate) in an old steel bath full of soil and
manure that is constantly wet and gets half sun.