GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Grafting (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/196205-grafting.html)

The Cook 01-04-2011 08:30 PM

Grafting

My husband and I went to a course on grafting trees. They showed us
how to do it. Then gave us some twigs to practice on. Then we each
got 1 apple root stock and 1 apple scion. We prepared them there and
have a pretty good idea how it is done. Now we wait and see if they
took.

--
USA
North Carolina Foothills

FarmI 02-04-2011 05:38 AM

Grafting

"The Cook" wrote in message
My husband and I went to a course on grafting trees. They showed us
how to do it. Then gave us some twigs to practice on. Then we each
got 1 apple root stock and 1 apple scion. We prepared them there and
have a pretty good idea how it is done. Now we wait and see if they
took.

A friend of ours visited and brought a whole lot of scions so we could do a
practice run at grafting. Between 4 of us we stuck 26 grafts on a number of
seedling apples. All but one of the grafts took.