GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Setting Plants Out (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/196224-setting-plants-out.html)

Billy[_10_] 03-04-2011 07:45 AM

Setting Plants Out

This is the time of year that people put out trays of seedling, to catch
a little sun.

Remember to take the covers off of the trays of seedlings or you may
burn them during the day. Even though we know, it happens to the best of
us. "Eternal Vigilance" is the gardeners code.

Bush's 3rd term: Obama

If you like weekends (8 hr./day & 40 hr./week), then thank a labor union.
They paid for it in blood.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haymarket_affair

===
--
- Billy
Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.

Tonythegardener 07-04-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy[_10_] (Post 916812)
This is the time of year that people put out trays of seedling, to catch
a little sun.

Remember to take the covers off of the trays of seedlings or you may
burn them during the day. Even though we know, it happens to the best of
us. "Eternal Vigilance" is the gardeners code.

Thanks for this great advice.

Billy[_10_] 08-04-2011 12:21 AM

Setting Plants Out

In article ,
Tonythegardener wrote:

'Billy[_10_ Wrote:
;916812']This is the time of year that people put out trays of seedling,
to catch
a little sun.

Remember to take the covers off of the trays of seedlings or you may
burn them during the day. Even though we know, it happens to the best of

us. "Eternal Vigilance" is the gardeners code.

Thanks for this great advice.

Tony, I have 2 trays out now, and it gave me a start to see my advice. I
left the trays covered and outside last night. Today is broken sun and
cool, and I had completely forgotten about the trays. Grrrrr

Thankfully, all is well. Knowing something isn't the same thing as doing
it.

Thanks back at ya.

"If I'm ever reborn, I want to be a gardener - there's too much to do
for one lifetime!"
- Karl Foerster, plant breeder and writer, 1874-1970