GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   last years onions are growing. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/196367-last-years-onions-growing.html)

DogDiesel 12-04-2011 12:01 AM

last years onions are growing.

I'm out today and some of last years failed onion sets are growing. They
didn't grow but a bit. The weeds blocked the sun. They survived all
winter They're a bit banged up but they are growing nicely. Will these
be edible or should I just pull them out.

Diesel.

Jim Elbrecht 12-04-2011 12:27 AM

"DogDiesel" wrote:

I'm out today and some of last years failed onion sets are growing. They
didn't grow but a bit. The weeds blocked the sun. They survived all
winter They're a bit banged up but they are growing nicely. Will these
be edible or should I just pull them out.

I usually end up using them as green onions. This time of year the
bulbs are generally slimey masses. But they usually build a new one
over the summer if I lose them again.

Jim