Old 24-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Registered User

Default Botrytis

Hi I'm new and posting on behalf of my father.

He would like your recommendations for a suitable fungicide for botrytis on tomatoes, cucumber (both in-doors), strawberry and gooseberry mildew (both out-doors).

Perhaps more than one product maybe required.

He has previously used Dithane 945.

Thanks

Old 25-04-2011, 05:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
"Steve Peek" wrote:

The only fungicide I ever use is copper.

"Matt BuzzBee" wrote in message

Hi I'm new and posting on behalf of my father.

He would like your recommendations for a suitable fungicide for botrytis
on tomatoes, cucumber (both in-doors), strawberry and gooseberry mildew
(both out-doors).

Perhaps more than one product maybe required.

He has previously used Dithane 945.

Thanks

--
Matt BuzzBee

I use copper and Sulfur. When the dew point is above 65 F. and you
plant densely it does help some. I try to spray before I see the
problem like weeding by hand before they emerge.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

"The best fertilizer is the gardener's shadow." - Anon

Old 25-04-2011, 06:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

In article ,
"Steve Peek" wrote:

The only fungicide I ever use is copper.

"Matt BuzzBee" wrote in message

Hi I'm new and posting on behalf of my father.

He would like your recommendations for a suitable fungicide for botrytis
on tomatoes, cucumber (both in-doors), strawberry and gooseberry mildew
(both out-doors).

Perhaps more than one product maybe required.

He has previously used Dithane 945.

Thanks

--
Matt BuzzBee

I use copper and Sulfur. When the dew point is above 65 F. and you
plant densely it does help some. I try to spray before I see the
problem like weeding by hand before they emerge.

You may try opening your plants up to more sunlight and ventilation
(stronger lights, and fans) to reduce favorable conditions for mold
development.
--

A garden is always a series of losses set against a few triumphs, like
life itself.

--

Are you better off than you were 30 years ago? 10 years ago? 1 year ago?

Thank Reaganomics/Thatcherism, a.k.a. Voodoo economics :O(
--
- Billy

Dept. of Defense budget: $663.8 billion
Dept. of Health and Human Services budget: $78.4 billion

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower, 16 April 1953
Old 25-04-2011, 08:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Apr 24, 2:53*pm, Matt BuzzBee Matt.BuzzBee.
wrote:
Hi I'm new and posting on behalf of my father.

He would like your recommendations for a suitable fungicide for botrytis
on tomatoes, cucumber (both in-doors), strawberry and gooseberry mildew
(both out-doors).

He has previously used Dithane 945.

Thanks

Matt,

US Pacific Northwest climate here, wet and cool. I use a Bordeaux
Mixture protocol outside for most of the year ( more persistent than
most) and a good Neem oil (Azadirachta) protocol inside. In the
driest parts of the year I will use Neem for most all the gardens ,
just know which plants Neem may hurt. Bit slow taking full effect.

Some years this may not be enough, so for any breakouts I will use
stronger chemicals but do consult someone of authority in your locale
rather than the advice of the well intended.

Old 25-04-2011, 08:33 PM
Registered User

Thanks for posting, Steve. I've passed this on.

[quote=Steve Peek;918951]The only fungicide I ever use is copper.
Old 26-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Registered User

Thank you all for posting. I've passed on your comments

Fungicide for botrytis on grape vine Howard Neil United Kingdom 27 10-05-2004 10:07 PM
Botrytis Tom Atkinson United Kingdom 1 10-12-2003 07:05 PM
botrytis on indoor vines Janet Tweedy United Kingdom 0 18-10-2003 09:22 AM
Botrytis, Mancozeb Scopata Fuori Roses 7 30-05-2003 05:32 PM
Botrytis Scopata Fuori Roses 1 28-05-2003 01:08 AM