GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   mulch bin question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/196958-re-mulch-bin-question.html)

test-boy100 13-05-2011 03:46 AM

mulch bin question

On May 11, 2:45*pm, "DogDiesel" wrote:
Hi,

I built a cage mulch bin and its full. *But I may of put it in the wrong
spot. *I set it up last winter at the edge of my garden . And put leaves in
it .

I keep adding to it and filled it about 4 times and it keeps compressing
down.

Its going to be direct sun most of the day.

I'm thinking I should put it against my brick garage , where its shady and
there's *weeds and fungus and dampness there most of the time.

I made an open mulch pile there long ago when I had a shed and left it a
year. And it was completely broken down after *a year and it ate a hole in
the shed. So that was a good spot.

Should I get it out of the sun??

Or can I just put a tarp over it .

Diesel

i would leave it open so as the weather helps it rot