GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Strawberries in Hanging Baskets - Which Plant? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/197065-strawberries-hanging-baskets-plant.html)

Duncan Munday 17-05-2011 09:37 AM

Strawberries in Hanging Baskets - Which Plant?

Hi all

I have some spare hanging baskets and wanted to grow some strawberries in them, can anyone advise the best plants. I was going to put the baskets in a conservatory.

Also, am i too late this year?

Any other advice welcomed.

Duncan

Nanzi 18-05-2011 03:29 PM

Strawberries in Hanging Baskets - Which Plant?

--
Duncan Munday

You will need bees to polinate, I believe in order to get
fruit......check it out.
Nan in DE

Duncan Munday 19-05-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanzi (Post 921985)
wrote:
Hi all

I have some spare hanging baskets and wanted to grow some strawberries
in them, can anyone advise the best plants. I was going to put the
baskets in a conservatory.

Also, am i too late this year?

Any other advice welcomed.

Duncan

--
Duncan Munday

You will need bees to polinate, I believe in order to get
fruit......check it out.
Nan in DE

Good point.

I have found an outside area where these can hang quite happily. Still not sure which plants to buy though.