Old 19-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Registered User

Default tomato plant problem

Hi,
I hope someone here might be able to help me with a problem I have with my tomato plants. I currently have 15 plants which I started off in early February. I have been growing these in a polytunnel tunnel and they seemed to be doing really well until two weeks ago. The lower leaves of the plants have curled upwards and are very brittle and easy to tear little paper. The new growth on the plant is dropping. They seem to have stopped growing any higher and I am really worried they are going to die after all the work I put in.When I first noticed the problem I taught large temperature fluctuations from day to day inside the polytunnel might be to blame but now I am worried it is something much worse. I have attached some pics so you might get a better idea what I am talking about.Any ideas what the problem might me? Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
tomato plant problem-imag0030.jpg   tomato plant problem-imag0032.jpg   tomato plant problem-imag0035.jpg
Old 30-05-2011, 04:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

They are getting too much water, turn the irrigation down and only
water when compost is starting to get dry.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:04 PM
Registered User

Location: Devon, UK

Dont panic about 'leaf roll', it can happen with weather changes, its nothing to worry about too much. As the above poster says, make sure you water from the bottom and dont overdo it. You should avoid watering from over the top of the leaves. :-)