Old 01-06-2011, 09:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Stupid weather

It's gone from fairly nice temps if rainy here to near 100° temps . I was
just out sprinklin' the garden and noticed at least one of my lettuce plants
has started to bolt . Dammit , didn't really get big enough to pick until
last week , and the weather is tryin' to do me out of the fruit of my labors
..
Hey Ma Nature , howzabout showin' a LITTLE kindness after all that rain
and flooding and all ?
--
Snag
Learning keeps

Old 03-06-2011, 07:19 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Derald" wrote in message
m...

"Snag" wrote:

It's gone from fairly nice temps if rainy here to near 100° temps . I was
just out sprinklin' the garden and noticed at least one of my lettuce
plants
has started to bolt . Dammit , didn't really get big enough to pick until
last week , and the weather is tryin' to do me out of the fruit of my
labors
.

In the words of The Great Bubba, "Ah feeyul yore pain", LOL! I quit trying
to grow lettuce years ago for the very reason that's making you crazy.
Where I
live "spring" is about 10 days in late February or early March. After
that,
temperatures are likely to be too high for lettuce to be reliable.
--
Derald
FL USDA zone 9a

The weathers crap here too. Its been solid rain and the only thing I got
in is lettuce. and a few onions. Its screwing up planting here big time.

Ohio zone 5

Old 03-06-2011, 11:37 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"DogDiesel" wrote:
"Derald" wrote in message
m...

"Snag" wrote:

[...]

I am about three weeks behind in planting because of the rain. This is the
first week of nice weather here in Michigan. Things are drying out were I
can cut the grass and plant things. The bad part is I do not have the time
or energy to do it all at once. Plants in my pots are getting a bit too
large and not doing as well.

But the weather is starting to shape up nicely after a long harsh winter
and very wet spring. I just hope for nice summer.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Wed, 1 Jun 2011 15:21:48 -0500, "Snag" wrote:

It's gone from fairly nice temps if rainy here to near 100° temps . I was
just out sprinklin' the garden and noticed at least one of my lettuce plants
has started to bolt . Dammit , didn't really get big enough to pick until
last week , and the weather is tryin' to do me out of the fruit of my labors
.
Hey Ma Nature , howzabout showin' a LITTLE kindness after all that rain
and flooding and all ?

Join the crowd. I had trouble getting plants in because of the wet
ground. That was up to a week or so ago. Now the temps are in the
90s every day and no rain.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills