Old 05-06-2011, 08:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Potatoes in my border

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
jellybean stonerfish wrote:

On Sat, 04 Jun 2011 10:08:36 -0400, Steve Peek wrote:

"Derald" wrote in message

I'll swear, the preceeding exchange leaves me more firmly convinced
that "Aus" simply is a misspelling of "Ass". Now, if the actual
productive contributors here could resist quoting the argumentative,
self-important, all-knowing twits....

And I'm wondering if that 'ass' is supposed to mean 'arse' since
knowing the difference between a derriere and a donkey is beyond so
many people.
In the US the term arse is virtually unknown. The term ass covers a lot
of territory including the two you mentioned, both with and without a
prefix. Steve

In the US, the terme "arse" is well known. We understand it to be "ass"
with a British drawl. This is not meant to imply that our understanding
is in anyway correct, but the word is known.

But "arse" does demarcate that space encircled by the sphincter from the
donkey.

Precisely. :-))

Old 06-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy[_10_] View Post
In article ,
songbird
wrote:

Billy wrote:
godkingross wrote:

I could not advise you to eat them, although i'll tell you i'd probably
eat them unless they're growing near spilt oil or chemicals, a septic
tank, stagnant water, some animal/s corpse/s or fresh animal feces,
because i'm so tight-fisted.
I suppose they COULD be potentially be harmful... you never know what
the previous tenants have chucked in that soil, but that'd still be the
case if you'd have decided to grow your own potatoes in there. but i
suppose as the e coli outbreak in Europe proves, shop bought veggies
COULD be potentially harmful too.

Songbird,
I believe this is your cue.

?

songbird

I thought we had agreed that you would be the patron saint of the
clueless, and deranged usenet travelers who found themselves in
"wrecked gardens", instead of David and I savaging them. I believe the
above qualifies. The the OP gives no clues as to the environment of the
"feral" potatoes except that they are in some kind of border, and
responding poster never tries to ascertain possible pollutants, but
instead rattles off a shopping list of possible dangers, blatantly
leaving out "radioactive waste".

Requesting information as to the length of occupancy and chemicals
applied could have shed some light on the puzzle. "A septic
tank, stagnant water, some animal/s corpse/s or fresh animal feces"
don't really enter in to it unless the OP plans on eating the potatoes
raw.

I think my curmudgeoning here is done.

Three Possible Cases of E. Coli Illness in U.S. - - TIME Healthland
ness-in-u-s/
--
- Billy

Mad dog Republicans to the right. Democratic spider webs to the left. True conservatives, and liberals not to be found anywhere in the phantasmagoria
of the American political landscape.

America is not broke. The country is awash in wealth and cash.
It's just that it's not in your hands. It has been transferred, in the
greatest heist in history, from the workers and consumers to the banks
and the portfolios of the uber-rich.
http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/.../michael-moore
/michael-moore-says-400-americans-have-more-wealth-/
wow, i guess you really told me, i just thought i'd try and answer seen as nobody else was anywhere to be seen as was the case for my post about tomato problems.
since joining this site the other day i've noticed people only want to say something helpful when they want to impose some sort of intellectual superiority upon some other party.
anyway, i didn't say he/she should eat them.
i'll leave you obnoxious and cantankerous old drabs to stroke your swollen egos as long as you're happy you've got 1 up on somebody.
this'll probably get removed or something, i don't care.
Good day, unhelpful berks.