Old 19-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Registered User

Question How to bore for water or find natural spring

I have no access to running water in my plot
Is there a way of boring into the ground or storing water
that can be used for irrigation ?
Thanks Fozzy
Old 19-06-2011, 10:47 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default How to bore for water or find natural spring

Paul Fosbury wrote:
I have no access to running water in my plot
Is there a way of boring into the ground or storing water
that can be used for irrigation ?
Thanks Fozzy

There are quite a few ways of doing what you describe. Whether any of them
will suit you depends on the nature of your plot and how much you want to
spend in cash or effort.

David

Old 19-06-2011, 06:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

g'day paul,

will water tanks suffice, thinking around 25 thousand litre size.

for water boring you need to talk to a bloke who does such, they
usually use some devining method, just some land gives fresh water
some so salty you could grow prawns in it and anything in between.

and the more who drill into the sub-aquafa then the greater the likely
hood others along the way will lose some capacity.

the bloke who does the boring can only in his terms guarantee to find
wate the quality he has no idea about.

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 08:32:51 +0000, Paul Fosbury
wrote:
snipped
--

Matthew 25:13 KJV
"Watch therefore, for ye know neither

Mark 13:33 "Take ye heed, watch and pray:
for ye know not when the time is".

and also: Isaiah 38:1&17-18 KJV

1: Thus saith the Lord, set thine house in order: for thou shalt die and not live.
17: for thou hast cast all my sins behind my back.
18: For the grave cannot praise thee, death cannot celebrate thee: they that go down in the pit cannot hope for truth.

len

With peace and brightest of blessings,

"Seek truth and understanding will follow"

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/
Old 20-06-2011, 12:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

gardenlen wrote:
g'day paul,

will water tanks suffice, thinking around 25 thousand litre size.

Provided that he has a roof to collect water from, he is at a plot, we don't
yet know what is there. On some plots a tank that big could be half his
allotment.

Old 21-06-2011, 04:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Paul Fosbury wrote:
I have no access to running water in my plot
Is there a way of boring into the ground or storing water
that can be used for irrigation ?
Thanks Fozzy

If the water table is close to the surface, you can use "well points". They can
be "driven" points, or plastic points used as described here.

http://www.campbellmfg.com/brady/doc...stallation.pdf

natural spring running though my yard, how do I cover up water/land?? [email protected] Gardening 7 03-05-2017 07:50 PM
At the risk of being a bore... Broadback[_3_] United Kingdom 67 21-12-2014 08:33 AM
Hello,newbie come to bore you! kathateria Ponds (moderated) 2 21-07-2011 09:47 AM
Squash Bore ~patches~ Edible Gardening 0 29-07-2005 04:05 PM
Keeping a natural area, natural aggiecon Plant Science 2 13-12-2004 07:05 PM