Old 21-06-2011, 12:19 AM
Registered User

Default Indoor Planter Survey

Hi, I'm a student completing a major design project and i need your opinions on planters.

The survey is only 5 questions thanks.

1. Would you be interested in having some form of plants and planters in your home?

Yes
No

If you answered no to this, the survey is complete. Thank you.

2. Do you have any plants or greenery in your home?
Yes
No
If no, why not?

3. What do you think of the current planters available?

4. Are there any improvements you would like to see in planters in terms of function and aesthetics?
No
Yes. Please state your improvements

5. How much would you be willingly to pay for a planter?
(approx. the size of a 30x30cm cube)

Thank you for taking your time for the survey.
Old 21-06-2011, 06:47 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

strawberried wrote:
Hi, I'm a student completing a major design project and i need your
opinions on planters.

The survey is only 5 questions thanks.

1. Would you be interested in having some form of plants and planters
in your home?

Yes
No

yes

If you answered no to this, the survey is complete. Thank you.

2. Do you have any plants or greenery in your home?
Yes
No
If no, why not?

Yes I have plants. What kind of greenery did you have in mind that is not a
plant? Do you mean green carpet, green painted walls? Well yes I have that
too.

3. What do you think of the current planters available?

just fine

4. Are there any improvements you would like to see in planters in
terms of function and aesthetics?
No
Yes. Please state your improvements

no, life is too short to spend it re-designing planters.

5. How much would you be willingly to pay for a planter?
(approx. the size of a 30x30cm cube)

Thank you for taking your time for the survey.

i don't buy them.

6) Why do students of design assume that there are significant improvements
to be made in gardening equipment and that this is a worthwhile endeavour?

Because they are design students not gardeners.

Old 21-06-2011, 10:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

strawberried wrote:
Hi, I'm a student completing a major design project and i need your
opinions on planters.

The survey is only 5 questions thanks.

1. Would you be interested in having some form of plants and planters in
your home?

Yes
No

Would be interested? Why use a future term here? Yes, I have them already.

If you answered no to this, the survey is complete. Thank you.

2. Do you have any plants or greenery in your home?
Yes
No
If no, why not?

I have plants. However my plants are all brown and wilted, none are green.

3. What do you think of the current planters available?

So many varieties that I cannot count them.

4. Are there any improvements you would like to see in planters in
terms of function and aesthetics?
No
Yes. Please state your improvements

Improvements? Planters are an Art form, Not an engineering project.

5. How much would you be willingly to pay for a planter?
(approx. the size of a 30x30cm cube)

30 x 30... That's not a planter... Thats a vase

Zero! I will not pay for them, planters or Vases, but I will accept
freebees if I like it.

Old 21-06-2011, 08:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Jun 20, 7:19*pm, strawberried
wrote:
Hi, I'm a student completing a major design project and i need your
opinions on planters.

The survey is only 5 questions thanks.

1. Would you be interested in having some form of plants and planters in
your home?

Yes
No

No, not interested.

--
strawberried

Old 22-06-2011, 04:35 AM
Registered User

hey thanks guys for answering my survey, i guess planters aren't such a great idea

Old 30-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Registered User

Location: SE England

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberried View Post
Hi, I'm a student completing a major design project and i need your opinions on planters.

The survey is only 5 questions thanks.

1. Would you be interested in having some form of plants and planters in your home?

Yes
No

YES

If you answered no to this, the survey is complete. Thank you.

2. Do you have any plants or greenery in your home?
Yes
No
If no, why not?

YES

3. What do you think of the current planters available?

I HATE THE PLASTIC ONES. THERE AREN'T ENOUGH IMAGINATIVE ONES.

4. Are there any improvements you would like to see in planters in terms of function and aesthetics?
No
Yes. Please state your improvements

DIFFERENT SHAPES EG TRIANGLE FOR USE ON STEPS, WIDER RANGE OF MATERIALS - I'VE USED METAL WASTE BINS TO HIDE PLASTIC POTS, WHY CAN'T PLANT POTS COME WITH PRINTS FOR INDOOR USE ?

5. How much would you be willingly to pay for a planter?
(approx. the size of a 30x30cm cube)

DEPENDS HOW MUCH I LIKE IT AND WHETHER I THINK ITS WORTH THE MONEY. UP TO £50 FOR AN INDOOR £50 FOR AN OUTDOOR.

Thank you for taking your time for the survey.
YOU'RE WELCOME

Koi Food Survey zookeeper Ponds 34 17-07-2003 01:31 AM
Free Survey? 1962 haircut Lawns 1 05-05-2003 10:58 PM
lighting survey: 36" bulbs rm-rf Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 20-04-2003 06:14 AM
Free Survey? 1962 haircut Lawns 1 17-03-2003 07:32 PM
Birdwatch survey this weekend HaaRoy United Kingdom 9 23-01-2003 01:51 PM