Old 02-07-2011, 06:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default what to plant in early July? (Ohio) after harvesting cabbage

I am just finishing harvesting about 20 cabbages that were growing in
a double wide row along the south side of the house. They did very
well, and now I have my freezer stocked up with cabbage to use through
the year.

However, we still have probably somewhere above 90 growing days in
the season - more if you are talking about frost resistant crops.

Can anyone suggest what plants I might try for a fall crop? I
already have kohlrabi, eggplant, tomatoes, kale, brussels sprouts and
the just finished cabbage, and would prefer something else for variety.
I grew peppers last year, but think I'd like to skip a year with those.

I'd prefer plants, but the garden centers and big box stores only
seem to have lots of tomato and pepper plants, plus herbs. I am already
growing basil from seed, which is enough in the herb department for me
this year.

Thanks for your suggestions!
Old 02-07-2011, 08:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Gosh, with 90 days left you could even have sweet corn, green beans,
cucumbers, squash, etc... There are even melons that mature in less than 80
days! Do a little research, the only limit is your imagination.

.com...

Old 03-07-2011, 12:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Ohioguy wrote:
[...]

Pumpkins from seed will be nice.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Ohioguy" wrote in message
.com...
[...]

I don't know where you are at I'm near Cleveland. I assure you . You can
plant anything.