Old 08-07-2011, 01:32 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Broccoli flowering

My broccoli is flowering, is there anyway to stop it? Half of my plants
have already flowered, so I've cut the heads off of those, removed the
yellow flowers and eaten the rest. Should I eat the remainder tomorrow or
is there something I can do to delay them from flowering until they get
bigger?

Old 11-07-2011, 05:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 07/07/11 11:10 PM, sometime in the recent past David Hare-Scott posted this:
General Schvantzkoph wrote:
My broccoli is flowering, is there anyway to stop it? Half of my
plants have already flowered, so I've cut the heads off of those,
removed the yellow flowers and eaten the rest. Should I eat the
remainder tomorrow or is there something I can do to delay them from
flowering until they get bigger?

No

???

--
Wilson 44.69, -67.3
Old 12-07-2011, 12:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Wilson wrote:
On 07/07/11 11:10 PM, sometime in the recent past David Hare-Scott
posted this:
General Schvantzkoph wrote:
My broccoli is flowering, is there anyway to stop it? Half of my
plants have already flowered, so I've cut the heads off of those,
removed the yellow flowers and eaten the rest. Should I eat the
remainder tomorrow or is there something I can do to delay them from
flowering until they get bigger?

No

???

Alright then. Yes,no.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
Wilson wrote:
On 07/07/11 11:10 PM, sometime in the recent past David Hare-Scott
posted this:
General Schvantzkoph wrote:
My broccoli is flowering, is there anyway to stop it? Half of my
plants have already flowered, so I've cut the heads off of those,
removed the yellow flowers and eaten the rest. Should I eat the
remainder tomorrow or is there something I can do to delay them from
flowering until they get bigger?

No

???

Alright then. Yes,no.

Reminds me of the story of the city farmer. He complained to the seed store,
"My broccoli blooms and blooms, but I never get any broccoli."

Old 12-07-2011, 04:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Wilson wrote:
On 07/07/11 11:10 PM, sometime in the recent past David Hare-Scott
posted this:
General Schvantzkoph wrote:
My broccoli is flowering, is there anyway to stop it? Half of my
plants have already flowered, so I've cut the heads off of those,
removed the yellow flowers and eaten the rest. Should I eat the
remainder tomorrow or is there something I can do to delay them from
flowering until they get bigger?

No

???

Alright then. Yes,no.

Reminds me of the story of the city farmer. He complained to the seed store,
"My broccoli blooms and blooms, but I never get any broccoli."

Good one.G -- Is that the same guy that thought he might be
planting the chicks too deep because he never got any eggs from them?

Jim