Old 28-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Registered User

Default Broken branch on apple tree

Hi, this is my first post.
I have a new apple tree in a big container, it's a dwarf. One of the branches has snapped. The apples on it and leaves are still alive though, it doesn't look like it''s hagning on by much but looks to be living at the mo. Do I leave it and chop it off when I pick the apples? Or best to chop it off now? Thanks
Old 29-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Registered User

Location: Bridgend south Wales
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmkay777 View Post
Hi, this is my first post.
I have a new apple tree in a big container, it's a dwarf. One of the branches has snapped. The apples on it and leaves are still alive though, it doesn't look like it''s hagning on by much but looks to be living at the mo. Do I leave it and chop it off when I pick the apples? Or best to chop it off now? Thanks
well if the tree was ok then pruning is carried out in winter however if as you say the branch have snapped the remvoe it now as if there is bad weather then it will do mor damage, but you could have someone in the trade look at it if you are not to happy about pruining it your self

How do I repair broken branch on Oak tree? [email protected] Gardening 9 05-06-2009 06:13 PM
Large Maple Branch Broken Joe Gardening 1 07-06-2006 04:27 PM
Broken Branch bandd98 United Kingdom 2 07-08-2005 11:57 PM
center branch broken Ablang Gardening 1 04-09-2004 07:27 AM
Broken branch on nectarine tree - will they ripen? Richard Sherratt Australia 14 08-02-2004 08:26 PM