Old 31-07-2011, 06:03 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Garlic Question

Hi- I had a bad experience (diseased heads of garlic) at a local (Long
Island, NY) garlic festival last year so I was wondering if there are
any folks from the northeast USA in the forum who buy garlic to plant,
do you have any favorite sources? Is it better to go mail order from
someplace like Johnny's or Main Potato Lady? Is anyone familiar with
the Hudson Valley Garlic Festival in Saugerties, NY?
-Charlie
Old 31-07-2011, 01:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

villon wrote:

Hi- I had a bad experience (diseased heads of garlic) at a local (Long
Island, NY) garlic festival last year so I was wondering if there are
any folks from the northeast USA in the forum who buy garlic to plant,
do you have any favorite sources? Is it better to go mail order from
someplace like Johnny's or Main Potato Lady? Is anyone familiar with
the Hudson Valley Garlic Festival in Saugerties, NY?
-Charlie

Did you see my previous reply? I see you're posting via Google Groups, so
possibly not; they're intermittently b0rken.

Old 31-07-2011, 05:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 07/31/2011 06:41 AM, Gary Woods wrote:
wrote:

Hi- I had a bad experience (diseased heads of garlic) at a local (Long
Island, NY) garlic festival last year so I was wondering if there are
any folks from the northeast USA in the forum who buy garlic to plant,
do you have any favorite sources? Is it better to go mail order from
someplace like Johnny's or Main Potato Lady? Is anyone familiar with
the Hudson Valley Garlic Festival in Saugerties, NY?
-Charlie

Did you see my previous reply? I see you're posting via Google Groups, so
possibly not; they're intermittently b0rken.

Anyone who wants good a newsgroup service provider should consider
Giganews. They have a monthly plan for $4.99.

Old 31-07-2011, 05:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

--

Teranews is free after a $3.95 setup fee , and includes access to binaries
(though they also have paid access options too). I use it , with an

--
Snag
Learning keeps

Old 31-07-2011, 06:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default News servers. Was Garlic Question

wrote:

Hi- I had a bad experience (diseased heads of garlic) at a local (Long
Island, NY) garlic festival last year so I was wondering if there are
any folks from the northeast USA in the forum who buy garlic to plant,
do you have any favorite sources? Is it better to go mail order from
someplace like Johnny's or Main Potato Lady? Is anyone familiar with
the Hudson Valley Garlic Festival in Saugerties, NY?
-Charlie

Did you see my previous reply? I see you're posting via Google Groups, so
possibly not; they're intermittently b0rken.

Anyone who wants good a newsgroup service provider should consider
Giganews. They have a monthly plan for $4.99.

Much better IMHO is BlockNews. http://www.blocknews.net/
Buy your bandwidth in blocks that never expire until they're used up.
I bought 10 GB in May 2010 for $4.50 and I will probably die before
it's all used. Just went into my account and here's what it says:
You Have Used 0.48362 GBs Of Your 10 GBs Purchased.
That's 32 cents a month so far with over 9.5 GB left.
And, they do binaries.

Ross.

Garlic - garlic.jpg Ann Garden Photos 2 03-04-2008 12:31 PM
Garlic question George.com Gardening 7 08-04-2007 08:58 PM
Garlic question Mary Fisher United Kingdom 9 29-07-2006 12:16 AM
chives/garlic question? jamie Texas 2 20-04-2004 05:07 AM