GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   squirrel took a chunk out of my cantalope. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/199262-squirrel-took-chunk-out-my-cantalope.html)

DogDiesel 09-08-2011 01:01 AM

squirrel took a chunk out of my cantalope.

A squirrel took a chunk out of my cantaloupe.

About the size of a nickel. and half a nickel deep.

Cantaloupe is 4 inches round. '

Does that mean its going to rot out or something.

Or will it be alright. And I can leave it cut the section out when its
bigger.

Thanks

Diesel.

Martin Riddle 09-08-2011 01:27 AM

"DogDiesel" wrote in message
A squirrel took a chunk out of my cantaloupe.

About the size of a nickel. and half a nickel deep.

Cantaloupe is 4 inches round. '

Does that mean its going to rot out or something.

Or will it be alright. And I can leave it cut the section out when its
bigger.

Thanks

Diesel.

Bacteria will probably rot it. I suggest Chicken wire next time.

Cheers

Steve Peek 09-08-2011 06:23 PM

"DogDiesel" wrote in message
A squirrel took a chunk out of my cantaloupe.

About the size of a nickel. and half a nickel deep.

Cantaloupe is 4 inches round. '

Does that mean its going to rot out or something.

Or will it be alright. And I can leave it cut the section out when its
bigger.

Thanks

Diesel.

Leave it on the vine, sometimes they will heal over the damaged area and
just leave a scar.