Old 14-08-2011, 07:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default At least it is not snow

We have had 4.5 inches of rain since about 5o AM. And it is pouring
right now. I was trying to keep the tarragon on the dry side but looks
like perhaps next year.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

http://www.wordnik.com/

Old 14-08-2011, 09:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

We have had 4.5 inches of rain since about 5o AM. And it is pouring
right now. I was trying to keep the tarragon on the dry side but looks
like perhaps next year.

I continually find the rainfalls East of the Rockies to be incredible. I
live in a temperate rain-forest (Redwoods), and 4.5" of rain would be a
very rainy weekend.

We grow ours in a pot. No way to tent it?
--
- Billy
Both the House and Senate budget plan would cut Social Security and Medicare, while cutting taxes on the wealthy.

Kucinich noted that none of the government programs targeted for
elimination or severe cutback in House Republican spending plans
"appeared on the GAO's list of government programs at high risk of
waste, fraud and abuse."
http://www.politifact.com/ohio/state...is-kucinich/re
p-dennis-kucinich-says-gop-budget-cuts-dont-targ/

[W]e have the situation with the deficit and the debt and spending and jobs. And itıs not that difficult to get out of it. The first thing you do is you get rid of corporate welfare. Thatıs hundreds of billions of dollars a year. The second is you tax corporations so that they donıt get away with no taxation.
- Ralph Nader
http://www.democracynow.org/2011/7/19/ralph_naders_solution_to_debt_crisis
Old 14-08-2011, 11:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

We have had 4.5 inches of rain since about 5o AM. And it is
pouring
right now. I was trying to keep the tarragon on the dry side but
looks
like perhaps next year.

I continually find the rainfalls East of the Rockies to be incredible.
live in a temperate rain-forest (Redwoods), and 4.5" of rain would be
very rainy weekend.

We grow ours in a pot. No way to tent it?
--

This is normal for end of august for us in southern NY. Not uncommon to
see 6" in a day when the tropical stuff comes up our way.

Cheers

Old 15-08-2011, 07:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Bill who putters wrote:

We have had 4.5 inches of rain since about 5o AM. And it is pouring
right now. I was trying to keep the tarragon on the dry side but looks
like perhaps next year.

A couple of weeks ago in Chicago metro we got 4 inches in 1 hour in the
middle of the night. It was so bad the tornado sirens went on. In the
morning we looked on the deck and the plants weren't wet. The wind
during the storm had come from the opposite direction than the
prevailing winds.
Old 15-08-2011, 08:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Doug Freyburger wrote:

Bill who putters wrote:

We have had 4.5 inches of rain since about 5o AM. And it is pouring
right now. I was trying to keep the tarragon on the dry side but looks
like perhaps next year.

A couple of weeks ago in Chicago metro we got 4 inches in 1 hour in the
middle of the night. It was so bad the tornado sirens went on. In the
morning we looked on the deck and the plants weren't wet. The wind
during the storm had come from the opposite direction than the
prevailing winds.

Looks like folks 8 miles from here got 8 inches. We got 6 inches 2 of
which ended up in my basement. Weird that the gutters held just the
sheer volume which was greater than anything in the last 50 years.
Thunderstorm hitting now at least power is OK.

Old 15-08-2011, 09:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
No Name

Bill who putters wrote:
In article ,
Doug Freyburger wrote:

Bill who putters wrote:

We have had 4.5 inches of rain since about 5o AM. And it is pouring
right now. I was trying to keep the tarragon on the dry side but looks
like perhaps next year.

A couple of weeks ago in Chicago metro we got 4 inches in 1 hour in the
middle of the night. It was so bad the tornado sirens went on. In the
morning we looked on the deck and the plants weren't wet. The wind
during the storm had come from the opposite direction than the
prevailing winds.

Looks like folks 8 miles from here got 8 inches. We got 6 inches 2 of
which ended up in my basement. Weird that the gutters held just the
sheer volume which was greater than anything in the last 50 years.
Thunderstorm hitting now at least power is OK.

The last month here on the East Side of Michigan has been nice with a light
rain rain about every three days. A slow all night rain two nights ago
leaving the grass tall, thick and green. I will say this is unusual weather
here for August. August is typically hot and dry. In March we had the
monsoon like rain that was not a typical spring.

--
Nad