Old 28-08-2011, 08:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Tomatoes survived the big blow

Irene wasn't much of a storm here in New England, a lot of rain and only
moderate winds. My tomato plants are all still standing.

Old 28-08-2011, 09:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"General Schvantzkoph" wrote in message
Irene wasn't much of a storm here in New England, a lot of rain and
only
moderate winds. My tomato plants are all still standing.

Some of my stakes are leaning, and some branches are bent over.
So far just 1 Early tomato and a half dozen cherries are on the ground.

The Cantaloupes are ripe, took them inside before the storm.

Cheers

Zone 6 LI

Old 29-08-2011, 05:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Aug 28, 3:18*pm, General Schvantzkoph
wrote:
Irene wasn't much of a storm here in New England, a lot of rain and only
moderate winds. My tomato plants are all still standing.

We suffered terrible damage:

I just discovered a potted gardenia knocked over and had to right it.
There is no damage to the gardenia.

But, my wife's Pulmaria suffered worse as the pot got knocked over and
a branch got clipped off.
On the bright side, she's sending the severed limb to a friend in Ohio
to clone for her Florida room
Old 31-08-2011, 08:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pat Pat is offline

"Frank" wrote

But, my wife's Pulmaria suffered worse as the pot got knocked over and
a branch got clipped off.
On the bright side, she's sending the severed limb to a friend in Ohio
to clone for her Florida room

-----------

Do you mean plumeria? If so, is there any way I can get one too? I thought
they wouldn't grow indoors but I must be wrong.

Old 31-08-2011, 11:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 8/31/2011 3:39 PM, Pat wrote:
wrote

But, my wife's Pulmaria suffered worse as the pot got knocked over and
a branch got clipped off.
On the bright side, she's sending the severed limb to a friend in Ohio
to clone for her Florida room

-----------

Do you mean plumeria? If so, is there any way I can get one too? I thought
they wouldn't grow indoors but I must be wrong.

Yes. Guess the caps got it through spell check. She got her's at the
Philadelphia flower show a few years ago. We winter it over inside and
all the leaves fall out but it prospers outside in the summer.
Sometimes flowering but not this year. The plumeria is almost too big
to get through our sliding door but wife will not sacrifice any more
branches unless this happens. I'm sure there must be sources on-line.

I don't know how well it will grow inside my wife's friend's Florida
room. Their hot tub is in there and it is warm and humid but I don't
know how it will grow under window light.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
"Martin Riddle" wrote:

"General Schvantzkoph" wrote in message
Irene wasn't much of a storm here in New England, a lot of rain and
only
moderate winds. My tomato plants are all still standing.

Some of my stakes are leaning, and some branches are bent over.
So far just 1 Early tomato and a half dozen cherries are on the ground.

The Cantaloupes are ripe, took them inside before the storm.

No big damage to my garden in Boston, but a friend who lives in Truro,
on the Cape, suffered a lot of damage to his tomatoes and pole beans.
There wasn't enough stuff standing between him and the ocean to break up
the big winds from Irene.

Priscilla

How to blow up moles and slugs ? ? ? ? Dan Simper United Kingdom 5 08-02-2005 08:04 AM
Well my pond is now full and it survived Ivan Roy Ponds 22 18-09-2004 11:28 AM
Textbook procedures, against the odds and still survived. Andrew G Bonsai 0 09-09-2004 02:36 AM
W. H. survived winter Beak 21 Ponds 6 01-04-2003 07:44 AM
An east wind doth blow! Alan Holmes United Kingdom 4 04-02-2003 12:50 AM